Sunday, June 13, 2010

we're finally moving

But instead of going here:


We're going here:


And if you're like me and couldn't figure out which city that was, here's another one.

We're not going here:



We're going here:


That's right. We're giving up old England for New England, and I, for one, am pretty darn excited about that.

Sam is going to be a product manager in the electronic materials division (still with Dow). He starts work mid-July and flew to Boston this past weekend to find us an apartment. He'll actually be working at two locations both about 30 miles outside the city, so we're living between them.

As for the London thing...well, it just kind of fizzled. Several products got cut and work slowed down and then slowed down some more. Now it looks like they might move all the work in England back to Houston. So we feel incredibly blessed to have this bright, exciting promotion to look forward to instead of a slowly dying project.

It's really hit me this weekend that we're essentially leaving in three weeks (in early July we've got a family reunion and then a long drive with the kiddos to Massachusetts...wish me luck!) I've got lots of packing and decision making to do really quickly. Thankfully, I've got a super supportive, proactive husband who is taking care of all the external work while I get things figured out here at home. I think we make a pretty awesome team.

Go Cosbys! and Go Celtics!

13 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Yay, you'll be lots closer to us Hatchlings! :)

rusted sun said...

You are moving to Boston in three weeks!!! Wow! Congratulations. I've only been to Boston once, but I loved it. It was a great city. I'm excited for your next adventure.

Tiffany said...

So exciting! I love Boston and am jealous you get to live there - congrats and good luck with all the changes!!

Jennie said...

I hope it is a wonderful adventure. You will be missed.

Lindsay Anne said...

Ha, I knew as soon as I saw the picture. I was just there last week. Welcome to Boston, London friend. Andrea Hunter and I are living here right now too! I love Boston and living in New England.

I hope your move goes smoothly!

Lindsay Sorensen

PS I imagine your going to be wanting to live a little farther out, but my cousin Brigham Frandsen and his family are living in Belmont (Rachel Frandsen's older brother). They just did the whole housing search so might be able to give you guys a hand.

Susan said...

you do remember we movedto a larger house with empty bedrooms if you need a freebie sleepover on your way. From here it's a gentler trip to Boston. Here come the accents!

DangAndBlast! said...

Boston's wonderful; as a person who's lived in Boston, London, and currently Houston, I'd say -- by many things compared to London, and by largely weather compared to Houston -- that Boston would be my top choice of the three for raising children. Enjoy it!

Marci said...

Congrats!!! We will miss you guys, but I'm glad that you know what you'll be doing in the near future now :-)!

lizzie said...

Oh oh oh! We're practically neighbors! It's only a 4 hour drive. I hope we can get together sometime. It would be great to see you and meet your family finally. I'm excited for you. Boston is lovely.

Laurie said...

Yay! I'm excited for you, but we will miss you, and my girls will definitely miss Anna!

Leighanna said...

We are excited for you, but will miss you guys a lot! Let us know if we can do anything for you guys! :D

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

What a difference from living in Houston! I think you'll love it. Hooray for the bright prospects ahead and congratulations to Sam for the promotion!

Goose said...

Yaayyy! What wonderful news! Good luck on the packing and all which the move entails!