Thursday, June 17, 2010

goodbye TX

While I've been emptying our bookshelves into empty diaper boxes, I've been thinking about all the things I've loved about being here in Katy, Texas. Here's my (probably incomplete) list.

  • Family. Anna and Levi's grandparents are just a five hour drive away and they've got two aunts, three uncles, and two cousins between Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio.


  • Friends. We've made some great friends here, especially in our ward. I don't think I could have made it through new motherhood without them. And Anna has so many adorable little buddies we'll hate to leave.


  • The annual combined Christmas choir with the Katy Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Epiphany of the Lord Catholic Church. This made my Christmas season for the last three years.

  • Bluebell ice cream. Cake and Ice Cream ice cream, I didn't know what I was missing until I met you. And now our short romance has to end.


  • H-E-B. Meal deals, parking spots for customers with children, delicious tortillas, gazillions of samples, super customer service. What's not to love?

  • Good Mexican food. Enough said.

  • Library Story Time. Ours is amazing and cannot be topped.

  • Double Daves Pizza Buffet. (Food is clearly a great love of mine)

  • Crepe Myrtles, wildflowers, and Spanish moss


  • Houston Symphony at the Miller Outdoor Theater

  • A beautiful spring-like winter

  • Southern hospitality

2 comments:

Marci said...

That just made me appreciate living here more :-). It really is such a great place...but there are great things about every place and I've moved enough to know that. We will definitely miss you guys!

Samantha said...

We have struggled with it ourselves over tha last few months. We wish you well in your move. Just yesterady did I wish for an HEB. Growing up in Houston you can not beat the Mexican food...I hope you find some in Boston...there isn't any in Utah!