Saturday, December 03, 2011

a complaint and a confession

The Complaint
I really love Christmas time, and I love being involved in the parties and the music. But I do not like it when people ask me to sing or play or plan (all of which I consider talents) with very little notice. Just because I am good at something in general does not mean I am good at them when I'm rushed.

The Confession
There's a perfectly lovely woman I know who is generally admired by all know her. When I first met her though, she told me she only liked bacon cooked in an oven since it came out in nice, straight, evenly cooked strips. I told her I had to disagree and that I only ever cooked bacon in a frying pan. Then she told me she was a bit of bacon snob, and that's why she baked her bacon. I haven't really liked her since.

5 comments:

Marci said...

This made me laugh :-)! And I bought the book Half the Moon but haven't started yet. Thanks for the recommendation! Our bookclub meeting last week was Children's books and I left with lots of new ones to check out. One you should definitely look into (and that I got on amazon for pretty cheap for Addie for Christmas) is Press Here...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0811879542/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

Rachel said...

Who cooks bacon in the oven?

heather said...

Marci- I just started Half the Sky this week. I think you'll appreciate it. Have a box of tissues handy...

Katie Primm said...

Here's the thing. I also thought that was dumb. But a girl I know does the oven method too! Except she fries it first then puts it in the oven to make it crispy. So it combines the best of both worlds and is truly amazing! But still fried first!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Oh no she didn't!!!!! :)