Sunday, February 20, 2011

thank you for your patience

Despite the fact that I haven't blogged about it, we really did go to New York. And took adorable pictures on Valentines Day. And sang some songs for a video during which Anna would not let me stop recording.

But I won't be blogging about any of that quite yet. See, I've come around to that I'm-spending-too-much-time-online phase of life again and was praying for help to resist the lure of the computer during nap time. My prayers became more and more fervent as I failed day after day until I was pleading for a way to say no.

The next day, I turned on the computer and it became clear that a recent Windows update had wiped our hard drive clean. Prayer answered.

That day, I read an entire book and finished some crocheting instead of being online. It felt good. Sam has since been spending the evenings putting our computer back together from our backup hard drive. I don't know what I would do without him.

So until I get all my pictures back, I won't be blogging. And, if I keep praying the way I have been, it might not be for quite a while :)

No comments: