Saturday, April 12, 2008

off to the far east

Sam left this morning to spend two weeks in China (a week in Shanghai and a week in Suzho) at a conference for work. We got him all packed up last night, hopefully with enough books and multi-media to keep him occupied while he travels for the next 24 hours. I'm not too worried about him, though. He gets to fly business class, so he should be relatively comfortable on that 13 hour flight from Detroit to Tokyo.

Needless to say, I'm a little jealous, and sad to have him gone for two weeks. One of his co-workers asked if I was going with him, and when Sam said I wasn't, the man was shocked. Sam explained that I was 32 weeks pregnant and said, "I think she'd like to go to China, but I don't think she wants to travel to China right now." And that's exactly how I feel.

So, I'm trying to fill these next two weeks with good activities. Some plans are: do plenty of subbing, work on sewing the bedding for the crib, get some visiting teaching done, watch some girlie movies, read a lot, cook very little, and of course, try to get over this horrible cold that has plagued me for the last ten days.

Any other suggestions for making this time FLY by?

2 comments:

tpmotd said...

Video chat with your brother.

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Make your baby anouncements! I made mine before I had Belle, and it was a good thing because I was not very motivated then and I was even less motivated about it after. I had them all made and even the addresses on the envelopes, so that when she arrived, I just added a photo and her stats! I hope Sam gets home quickly and safely!